At Kompasset, we counsel all homeless migrants. But our users are primarily EU-citizens, who use their right to freedom of movement in the European Union to come to Denmark to look for a job and a better life. They do not have access to public services, and hit a number of barriers when trying to integrate into the Danish job market and society. This causes frustration and social marginalization.
We aim to reduce this misfortune by providing care and supporting the migrants in navigating the Danish society.
At Kompasset, users will find:
- A place to rest and sleep in the daytime
- Help in applying for jobs and making CV’s for EU-citizens
- Assistance in getting registered in Denmark
- Legal advice on their rights and responsibilities
- A locker for personal items
- A shower and a cup of coffee
- A supportive and friendly environment
These services are provided by staff and around 50 competent volunteers, who together speak the main European languages. Users can therefore get advice and comfort on e.g. English, Romanian, French, Spanish, German, Polish, Italian and Bulgarian.